Friday, November 27, 2009

Let it snow. Let it snow. Let it snow

I really do live in the most beautiful place on earth. I know that many people think this very same thing and since beauty is in the eye of the beholder, we are all right. But today I can’t imagine a more beautiful place. I know, I know I threatened anyone who wished for snow earlier this year. But now that it is here and in force today. I am grateful that we will definitely have a white Christmas.

There is nothing like the world covered in snow. It’s like you’ve left the reality of a day job and paying bills and entered into a world of magic and sparkling fairy dust.

So for those of you who weren’t lucky enough to be born in place as magical as Alaska. Here is a small taste.





7 comments:

  1. Simply beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely beautiful :) We had a fairy dust of snow the other morning - magical :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful! When I was in high school trying to pick which college I wanted to attend, I ended up visiting one in February. The snow drifts from shoveling the streets were so high that walking down the sidewalk, we couldn't see the cars driving by--and at that moment, I thought, this is where I want to go. I hope we get some snow down here before Christmas as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you take this awesome picture? I must admit, though, I HAVE NOT appreciated the snow this past week! I'm housesitting and have had to shovel five times in one week. :( I miss my snowblower.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did take this picture from my back porch! :) I have one of the those giant shovel scoop things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this pic is awesome! it looks almost unreal...at least to this southern gal in Virginia! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I should post my pic of the sunrise this morning. It did look unreal and I was standing there live in front of it. :)

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
Favorite quote: Eew a box!
email: analaskangirl@gmail.com

Goodreads

Monica Millard's books on Goodreads
Children of the Gods Children of the Gods (Chosen, #1)
reviews: 34
ratings: 44 (avg rating 3.91)

Chosen - A Children of the Gods Short Story Chosen - A Children of the Gods Short Story
reviews: 4
ratings: 17 (avg rating 3.47)

The Fall The Fall
reviews: 7
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.83)

Monica's bookshelf: read

Darkhouse
The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms
Rebellion
Blood and Feathers
The Rithmatist
Forbidden Blood
Last Blood
Out for Blood
Bad Blood
Flesh and Blood
Blood Rights
Girl Parts


Monica Millard's favorite books »

Search This Blog

Followers

Follow Me with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Networked blog