Sunday, September 6, 2009

Welcome to my first blog, forgive me if I don't know what I'm doing.

This saturday started out as any normal saturday. I woke up around 9:30 am (though a phone call iniated the wake up sequence). It was my best friends mother reminding me that I was invited to join them today for a pre-wedding special event.

I had a couple of hours till I had to make the 55 mile drive, so I decided to kill some time on my new addiction: Twitter. After wasting more time than I'll admit to. I opened my side writing project. *I call it a side project because it isn't my main project which is the sequel to my first and completed novel, but I love this side project with a growing intensity. I can't say it is my favorite because that would be like saying you had a favorite dog. (I do admit to having a favorite dog. I know its terrible, but at least I'm honest.)

Back to the point. I read the page I'd left off at trying to recapture the feeling. I was more successful than I'd hoped and soon was adding and editing. Bad idea. I lose track of time when I'm writing and soon it was past the time I should have been showering and primping. (Primping is a fun word, I don't really primp but it's fun to say.)

So as you can imagine I was late. Well not late but held up a smidge.

I'll get to the point now.

So after the festivities we went to eat at a taco place. I, having no cash on me, had to use my check card. (I don't carry cash. So I live off my card.) I signed the slip but being fully distractable did not receive my card back. Luckily I discovered the issue before I made the 55 mile trek back home, when I was forced to pay for my Borders purchase with a check. (I hate writing checks. I know it is a perfectly acceptable form of currency, but I feel like I'm trying to get one over on the store when I use one. Like I'd only try to pass a check if I didn't actually have the money. I know crazy right? But I never said I wasn't.)

So I realize where I last used it and head back. The young clerk immediately takes my explanation that I didn't get my card back when I paid earlier as a personal attack and responds with: "I don't have your card!" I explain to him that I'm not accusing him of taking my card, that I didn't receive it back and that this is the only place I've used it. He continues with his defensive attitude and is escalating towards yelling when the nice gentlemen who helped me comes out from the kitchen and says "Oh yes. It's right here." And proceeds to get me my card.

I couldn't help resorting to a somewhat childish response of. "See." To the young man who was calling me a liar. Thanking the man for my card and leaving feeling vindicated yet still somewhat angry.

Eh. What do ya do? All's well that ends well right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
Favorite quote: Eew a box!
email: analaskangirl@gmail.com

Goodreads

Monica Millard's books on Goodreads
Children of the Gods Children of the Gods (Chosen, #1)
reviews: 34
ratings: 44 (avg rating 3.91)

Chosen - A Children of the Gods Short Story Chosen - A Children of the Gods Short Story
reviews: 4
ratings: 17 (avg rating 3.47)

The Fall The Fall
reviews: 7
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.83)

Monica's bookshelf: read

Darkhouse
The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms
Rebellion
Blood and Feathers
The Rithmatist
Forbidden Blood
Last Blood
Out for Blood
Bad Blood
Flesh and Blood
Blood Rights
Girl Parts


Monica Millard's favorite books »

Search This Blog

Followers

Follow Me with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Networked blog