Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Don’t give up, don’t back down.

I work for an insurance administrator. What that means is that I interpret insurance contracts all day long and either; 1) explain them to members or providers so they understand the benefits, or 2) check out claims people call with questions on and make sure they are processed correctly.

If they are not processed the way I interpret the benefits then I send them back to the examiner to correct them. Sometimes I have to fight with them to make them see things the way I do. It can get very frustrating and some people might give up or be influenced to see the way the examiner has interpreted the plan.

Occasionally I am wrong and I can see that when my request is rejected with an explanation as to why. Often though I am right and because I’m passionate about helping people, but more than that, I’m good at what I do. When I know I’m right I fight for it.

Life is kind of the same way. Often times we let what other people say or think influence us into believing other people’s interpretation of something is correct. Sometimes it is, but life, unlike an insurance claim, isn’t usually black and white. Even if someone’s view is right it doesn’t always mean it is right for our situation.

The point of this post is that sometimes in spite of what other people say, even people who really know what they are talking about. If you’ve weighed a situation, taken the comments of others and truly reflected on them and you still feel strongly about something. Sometimes you just have to let that passion take you where it will, you have to fight. And sometimes you win.

Those kinds of wins are often the most rewarding.

1 comment:

Subscribe

Popular Posts

About Me

My photo
Favorite quote: Eew a box!
email: analaskangirl@gmail.com

Goodreads

Monica Millard's books on Goodreads
Children of the Gods Children of the Gods (Chosen, #1)
reviews: 34
ratings: 44 (avg rating 3.91)

Chosen - A Children of the Gods Short Story Chosen - A Children of the Gods Short Story
reviews: 4
ratings: 17 (avg rating 3.47)

The Fall The Fall
reviews: 7
ratings: 6 (avg rating 4.83)

Monica's bookshelf: read

Darkhouse
The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms
Rebellion
Blood and Feathers
The Rithmatist
Forbidden Blood
Last Blood
Out for Blood
Bad Blood
Flesh and Blood
Blood Rights
Girl Parts


Monica Millard's favorite books »

Search This Blog

Followers

Follow Me with bloglovin

Follow on Bloglovin

Networked blog